Thursday, May 13, 2010

Coconut Corn Bread

Maria made these for me when I had the flu (gripe) and I love them. I hope that you love the way they taste as much as I do. As I’m writing this recipe, Maria is making a batch over at her house. I can’t wait. They taste the best when they are eaten hot.




Coconut Corn Bread

Ingredients:

1/2 cup diced mixed candied fruit

2 tablespoons dark rum

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened

2 eggs

1 cup coconut cream

1 cup yellow cornmeal

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1 cup shredded fresh coconut

Instructions

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix candied fruit and rum in small bowl; reserve. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl; add eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients except candied fruit mixture and coconut; beat until smooth, about 30 strokes by hand. Fold in candied fruit mixture and coconut. Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Bake until top is golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing. Can also be baked in muffin cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment